Monday, January 14, 2013

class. security.

Have you ever found yourself muttering   "I wonder where that is.........i could have sworn..........just a second ago........?"

have you ever found yourself muttering that about a CLASS? I have.

How do you misplace an entire class, you ask? Well now, I don't know. the class seems to have misplaced me.

Clarification: I am #1 on the wait-list for my Civilization 2 class. This means that I can probably get into the class (via add-code), but as I am not technically in it yet, I don't receive updates or emails by the teacher. This makes things very difficult when a certain professor apparently has room-consistency anxiety.

 It all started out like this.

(aforementioned class is held on Monday, Wednesday, Friday)

LAST MONDAY:
I was like number 6 on the wait list, and debating adding a different class, so I didn't attend this one. Big mistake.

LAST WEDNESDAY:
I went to the room designated by the online syllabus and (drum-roll if you will).....no one was there. Unless of course, the entire class dropped......including the teacher.

LAST THURSDAY:
I emailed the teacher and told her what happened. she then informed me that we had a room change (which would have been helpful to know, but until I'm in the class, I won't get her emails)

TODAY: (Monday again) I went to the aforementioned changed classroom and (secondary drum-roll)  No one was there. again.

I'm beginning to think that "civilization two" is a code name for the espionage course, and as part of the curriculum  we have to
1. find out that we're in fact enrolled in  "how to spy 101"
2. find the relocated meeting place every class time
3. bribe/threaten/worm our ways off the wait list and into the actual course (for negotiating practice) and
4. tag our teacher with a tracker so that we know her exact whereabouts at all times.

Sounds like a fun class, but I don't know if it's worth the 3 measly credits it offers.

On a completely unrelated, and much less frustrating note----

So since I couldn't find my class, I went to the library (what else are you supposed to do at 9:00 A.M?) and saw, to my surprise, that there were 6 "Caution, Wet Floor signs" decorating the beloved tile floorway.
      +        

This wouldn't have caught my attention except that the floors were completely dry. As i had about 2 hours to kill, I proceeded to one of the two security guards to inquire about the strange occurrence  I waited patiently while he talked on his phone, but instead of finishing his conversation, he just held his hand over the receiver and said "can I help you?" Thinking it was a bit rude to whoever he was on the phone with (since he didn't say "i have someone here, can I put you on hold?" or anything like that) I said "so these wet floor signs---"
"------the ceiling doesn't leak" he interrupted.

.......


o.....k......  "Oh i assumed as much, I was just wondering why they are here if the floor isn't wet." He shrugged. " Oh I think it's just in case." In case of what I never found out. for at that point I saw the security guard, about 50 feet away holding his hand on the receiver of HIS phone, looking expectantly at the guard I was talking to.

"are you........" I looked back and forth "talking to each other?" my security guard smiled "yes."
"Oh. are you just bored?"
 "no" his face turned serious "there was a serious incident this morning." I looked between them one last time and proceeded promptly out the door.



All i can say is that between my espionage class, two security guards calling each other on the phone from 50 feet away, and the mysteriously unwarranted "Wet Floor Signs" there has been a lot of secrecy going on in these parts...........

And that anyone who was involved in the "serious incident" at the library this morning deserves to get away with whatever it was, due to the sheer time he or she would have woken up to do so.

That's what I call a quality hoodlum.  

2 comments:

  1. You never fail me Hope--just when I needed a laugh. It's no mystery, you're fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So did you snag the civ class or are you in the espionage lab, or can you even answer that? Keep posting sweetheart but always know where all your exits are located.

    ReplyDelete