Tuesday, April 16, 2013

It's been a good run

*disclaimer* I am writing this post because

1. my mother asked me to write this post

2. I really don't want to study for finals (it's amazing how productive you can be when you're avoiding a chemistry test)

3. I've been working on my farewell talk for a solid 2 hours and still have nothing to show for it.




Hello friends! The events that occur in this post actually happened last week, but my body was too fatigued to exert the approximately .01 calories it takes to type this out.

Flashback to last wednesday. It was my sister's birthday.

(Shout out to Liz who had her birthday on Wednesday and also doesn't read this blog!)

As per ush, we went out to dinner as a family to a veeeeeeeeeery Hope-approved restaurant that I totally forgot the name of. (Order the fish.) We talked about the reasons we love Liz, certain movie trailers for Despicable Me 2, and the fact that I ran 5.64 miles that day. And the fact that I ran 5.64 miles that day. And also my 5.64 mile run. (I was very enthusiastic about it.) Luckily, my family is my family and they listened to my braggart-y self for more minutes than it took me to actually run the run. They also teased me and I love them.

Then we had cake and my run didn't matter anymore.

The next day I was so stoked about the last day's run that I decided to do it again. I started running in a new direction, which meant that I had no idea how far I was running. I just sort of....didn't stop.

Reasons why Hope didn't stop running

1. she has the "oh-it's just adding a liiiiiiiiittle bit by going up another street" mentality

2. she runs uphill first and therefore feels like she can run downhill forever (don't try to understand it, it doesn't make sense)

3. she is competitive to the point of betting with herself. (ex: I bet you a dollar you can't make it up that hill without stopping)

4. watching the mileage add up on mapmyrun.com after you've already run creates a feeling of euphoria second only to winning ten million dollars.

Also,
*******The Next piece of information may NEVER be held against me*******
           on the way back home, she remembered how close two of the guys she kind-of-sort-has-a-crush-on live. so she took a quick detour to their apartment (they live like next door to each other) and it added a good mile to her tally.

Hey. I'm just a girl.

anyways, when I came home and mapped-my-run it turned out to be (hold your streamers and confetti at the ready)

9.61 miles.

whoop

except I was really disappointed that I didn't make it to 10. Also, I remembered that it was my mom's birthday (she's a suuuuuuuuuuuper awesome-opposum marathon veteran runner) and that I hadn't gotten her a gift. so I decided to take my jelly legs back outside, and run two times around the track for a total of 10.11 miles. happy birthday, mom.

I'd love to spend time reflecting on this accomplishment but.....I gotta run!


1 comment: