Sunday, September 9, 2012

A "peak" into college life.

Squaw peak.

Let's be honest. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then you don't go to BYU. If you DO know what I'm talking about, then you're probably getting the wrong idea about this post. For those of you who haven't been there, I have conveniently spent a bazillion hours figuring out how to get this lovely picture of squaw peak's view to you.

enjoy.





seriously.

enjoy it.

It took me forever to figure this out.




Properly Enjoyed? good. 

Now this is the story that goes along with it.

Some of my friends and I went to squaw peak last night. This is a popular place to kiss. Note, however, that we were doing no such lip-y activity. Instead, we were sitting on the roof of my friend's car, listening to music, talking, and enjoying the wonderful view shown above. 

Let's make a long story a little less long. 

So basically, two members of our company went on a hike, and got lost. We were calling their names for what seemed like an hour (many a parked car left during this time due to the ruckus of 5 freshman calling "Julia! Stewart!" all over the mountain.) and when we finally found them (let it be known, it was VERY late) we discovered that playing music from the car for that long had nearly depleated the battery.  

we were livin' on a prayer going down the mountain. 

When we finally got back to campus, everyone but me and another girl (Carla) had gotten dropped off. This is when I realized that I didn't have my Card key. 

This would not be such a big deal if the dorm doors didn't lock at 1:30, making it impossible to get in the dorm without the key. I hadn't been planning to stay out that late and well.....

Long story short, after calling my roommate (who was fast asleep), trying to get a key at the cannon center, which was closed, and trying to think of a plan, I ended up sleeping on a couch on the third level of a different dorm building. 

Thus, I have had my first "peak" into college late-night-life. It was weird, fun, and I LOVED the view (the picture doesn't do it justice) , but next time I'll have to keep in mind that i have 

NINE A.M. CHURCH!!!  

1 comment:

  1. There's a reason Freshmen and Freshwomen have 9am church! Good thing you've logged an hour or two sleeping on couches...you were totally prepared for your night because of your previous training at home. Well done Hope. Hint, don't let your very future spouse know you have said training. Better yet, never have a late night disagreement with very distant future spouse. Now doesn't that dorm bed feel wonderful?!

    ReplyDelete