Sunday, September 30, 2012

bands and a-band-onment. (see numbers 6 and 7)

I have been officially initiated into college.

You may be asking - the last month doesn't count becauuuuuuse.......?

because I hadn't had a few key experiences that validate a college status. As of last night I fulfilled the last one, and BAM! college student. the requirements are as follows

1. Sleep somewhere other than your dorm room. 

see post about squaw peak.

2. Eat ice cream and cheeze-its for dinner.  


 check.

3. Be the recipient of a cheesy pick up line. 

also check. If you are a boy, this requirement is that you have to USE  a cheesy pick up line. If you'd like some options feel free to borrow
- If I were Peter Pan, you'd be my happy thought
-Are you tired? because you've been running through my mind all day
-Your beauty just blinded me so I'm going to need your name and number for insurance reasons
- I'm glad I have a library card, because I'm checking you out
-Are you a parking ticket? because you've got FINE written all over you.

please note that none of these are effective. use at your own risk.

4. Have your day brightened when a random guy gives you a flower. 

o.k. not a requirement, but it was definitely a plus.

5. take a test at the testing center. 

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. and yet, check.

6. Have your room at the parent's house completely refurbished and transformed as if you're never coming home again. 

In my case, this includes the addition of three new pieces of significant furniture. Baby twins, and the mama. A.k.a my sister and her boys. So my ex-living space is now decorated with binkies, changing tables, hand sanitizer, diapers, and onesies with monkeys on the bum.

7. Go to a concert. 

This is the one. the last requirement that has -within the last 24 hours- been fulfilled  I went to a massive concert that showcased
the wombats 
Imagine dragons 
shrink the giant 
Awolnation 
the used 
dead sara 
neon trees 
and group love 

If you are not familiar with most of these bands...........

It's ok.

neither was I.

But out of these I recommend the Wombats, Imagine Dragons, Group love, and Neon Trees. Although If you would like to discuss the pros and cons, you may have to raise your voice a few decibels as my ears have recently aged thirty or so years.

To get the full experience we were usually in the VERY front at the VERY center right next to the stage, and let me just say that I could have done without bathing in other people's sweat, getting tossed around like a rag doll, and having my poor feet enthusiastically stomped on.

On the upside, we met, talked to, and gave most of the bands hugs. (of which I have had a shortage at college)

So now I feel legit. A real college student. I can lift my head up high when I swipe my meal card. I am no longer living in a world where I go home all the time, eat my mom's food, walk the dog, hang out with my family, and drive around Salt Lake.

.....................dang.



.






No comments:

Post a Comment